Thursday, July 1, 2010

3 months...gone!

I always told myself that I was writing this blog for myself and that there's a lot of vanity in assuming that anyone would want to read someone else's blog. That any one of the millions of people keeping online journals of one form or another have thoughts so important to share, opinions that brilliant, that they'd be worth the time -- or missed when they're gone.

And yet here I am thinking to myself: "Gee...I can't go this long without a post or my readers will stop checking out my blog and find somewhere else to go."

This is, of course, delusional, considering that only a few people have formally signed up as followers of this blog. How many more of you there are, I don't know. Maybe none? Maybe many. But perhaps it's part of this game. Write for yourself, but under the delusion that many people are reading.

With that said, I apologize for disappointing anyone with a three month absence from reviewing films. Strangely enough, can you believe that I literally saw NO new films between then and now? Two of those months were spent in my crazy final weeks of my school year and the last I've spent catching up on a full DVR's worth of television shows. In the time I've been away, I've even picked up a new obsession: HBO's "True Blood."

But this is not a TV blog and, since I have kids, I finally had a reason to go to a movie again. I'm looking forward to bringing more frequent reviews for you, now that it's summer. I would suspect that the majority of what I'll review in the coming months will be DVD rentals and older things, as I don't always have the time to get to the theatre in the summer. But something is better than nothing.

Whoever you are. Thanks for reading. Always check back, even when it's been awhile. I'll always be doing this.

Keith

No comments:

Post a Comment