Saturday, January 12, 2013

The Invisible War (2012)

"The Invisible War" should be required viewing during training camps for every branch of our U.S. military. Ditching his usual bite and bravado, documentary filmmaker Kirby Dick relies only on the facts here. In doing so, his documentary about women (and in the case of the film, one man) who are raped while serving in the armed forces and not compensated for the crimes committed against them makes a stronger point by being a super-safe and traditional medium-shot interview-styled documentary than if Dick had gone for flash.

No film this year will make you more angry. And that's why you simply have to watch it.

I'll have a full review posted as soon as I can. Realizing how far behind I've been with full reviews, I've been taking good notes and promise you a good review as soon as possible! But trust me...see this movie!

No comments:

Post a Comment