Sunday, April 19, 2009

Juno (2007)

I'm a sucker for good writing.
For the first half hour or so of Juno, I was actually nervous that it was OVER-written...that every line was a clever zinger one right after the next and the film had no levels. But it does settle in, and the levels are rich once you find them.
The sometimes too quirky dialogue is given depth by memorable performances by Ellen Page, Michael Cera, Allison Janney and Jason Bateman, and the soul of the movie lies with Jennifer Garner, who surprised me.
While the critic in me wants to knock the film a bit more for things that weren't perfect, I have to remember that when it was all said and done, I can't remember an hour and a half of my movie-going existence that I enjoyed quite this much. I can't wait to see it again.

4.0 out of 4

No comments:

Post a Comment