Saturday, April 18, 2009

Zodiac (2007)

David Fincher continues to assert himself as a director to pay attention to with Zodiac, an elaborate and episodic film that requires a lot of patience. I will confess that I was genuinely freaked out by the murder sequences here. It's not that they were graphic; I've seen worse. It's the way they are filmed with clausterphobic tight shots and forboding anticipation...I was always waiting for the Zodiac killer to be right outside every shot, and I gasped audibly on more than a few occasions. While I found the movie to be a bit long and the action to be a little too static, Downey Jr. is as good as ever and the other actors hold up. I didn't even recognize Anthony Edwards! Well-directed, genuinely terrifying, and at the very least, incredibly interesting.

3.5 out of 4

No comments:

Post a Comment