Thursday, May 28, 2009

Bolt (2008)


BOLT is a very derivative animated film. If you can ignore the fact that you already had the entire plot in your head the minute you start watching it, you'll enjoy everything about it that's good in a Disney film, including the strong voiceover work, great animation and witty one-liners.

I will confess that I watched this only to fulfill my obligation of seeing as many Oscar-nominated films as possible, and watching BOLT just made me more upset that "Waltz With Bashir" was not nominated in its place for Best Animated Feature.

I don't think a kid will notice how overdone the hero's journey story is in BOLT, however. This is the kind of film that my kids would watch again and again. Cute, slight, unimportant work from the Disney team. It was fun to watch but ranks so far below "Ratatouille" and "Wall-E" that BOLT can't even see them from where it is.


2.0 out of 4

No comments:

Post a Comment