Wednesday, May 27, 2009

John Adams (miniseries, 2008)

Wow, did I think this was fantastic! I'm not sure I can write a coherent review of this! I have too many thoughts going in too many directions.
So I will just say that this deserves its Emmy nominations and Paul Giamatti and Laura Linney give Oscar-worthy performances on the small screen. They are equally stunning, as is the attention to detail here.
Since I couldn't keep up with this while it originally aired on HBO, I watched it on DVD. And lucky for me! You can activate a feature that adds periodic pop-up facts to the screen to clarify and expand on the story. I was in history-geek heaven for the past three nights, staying up past midnight to watch these amazing episodes.
This is as stunning an achievement as "Roots." Do yourself a favor and watch it!

4.0 out of 4

No comments:

Post a Comment